Saturday, December 27, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!  Did you get your knitting done?  After last year, I didn't really plan on knitting any gifts for this Christmas, but did finally box up the scarves promised last year.  Here they are tagged and ready.


 If they don't get delayed by customs for long, they should arrive by early January.


I spent the Christmas portion of the holiday with my in-laws in France, and decided to devote the craft time to the shawl for my grandmother.  This involved taking it outside of my apartment for the first time.  It got a view of northern France from the train as we sped across the hills.


Northern France was rather grey at the time.  I also didn't get quite as much knitting time on the train as I had hoped, as my husband needed rather more coaching in how to wind skeins into cakes by hand than we anticipated.  I think he would be more understanding if I started shopping for a ball winder now.  Certainly his grandmother thought his retelling of trying to wind laceweight yarn on the train was hilarious.

In between the family meals and a concert in Paris and seeing "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" (which was awesome), I knit in my spare moments.  I knit on the train back, and by the time I arrived, I was at . . .


The end of chart 5.  By my calculations, I have knit 61.4% of the body of the this shawl.  While I am glad to have reached the end of this particular chart, the statement "I thought I'd be further along by now" is becoming a common refrain for this project.  I will continue trucking along, but no guesses as to when this one will get finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment