Saturday, June 28, 2014

Scarf: Six Months Later

There is actual knitting of the two-needles-plus-yarn variety happening behind the scenes of the Knitbook, but it is secret.  I am taking part in the June edition of the Geek & Nerd Swap 2014 and don't want to spoil the surprise for my swap partner.  When the package is safely in her hands, details of my finished objects will be posted here.

In the mean time, I pulled out the last remaining Christmas scarf, intended for another of my younger brothers.  It will be a Binary, as this brother is studying computer science.  When I unearthed it after six months of waiting its turn, it looked like this:


I don't remember it being that lumpy when I put it away.

I said as much to my husband, who is not crafty himself in anyway.  Neither of his parents work with textiles, so his education in things come solely from me.  His answered me with, "What if you blocked it?  Would blocking help?"

I think he has learned more than I realized.  Still I don't think blocking will help; the grey is stranded far too tightly across the edges, making the blue pucker into odd "seams" there.  This scarf will be getting a do-over.

No comments:

Post a Comment